Recently the Government have given approximately £130 million to schools on the back of the success of the Olympic Games which were held in London in 2012. Our share of this money, during this school year is approximately £16, 000. We have already put this money towards a range of things which include:
- Membership of the Hyndburn School Sports Partnership which aids us to take part in competitions and competitive sports with other schools. As a result of the partnership we have achieved a Silver School Games Mark Award for 2018/2019
- We have had the Trim Trail and MUGA installed to help embed physical activity into the school day through having an active playground.
- We have also had another successful year of taking part in a range of different physical activities such as Tots on Tyres, Judo and Forest schools. Our main aim here was to support and involve the least active children by providing targeted activities.
Mrs Ferguson (Reception teacher) is our Subject Leader for PE and co-ordinates matches and competitions that our children are involved with. As part of the Sports Partnership we take part in inter schools netball, football, cross country, cricket and orienteering amongst other things.
Year 6 Cohort Swimming Percentage
70% of Year 6 pupils at St Peter's and St Paul's can
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
We are using some of the PE and Sports funding to provide additional swimming provision targeted to pupils not able to meet the swimming requirements of the national curriculum.